Wednesday 10 August 2011

Doctor Who: The Daleks: First Draft Parody Script

The first appearence of The Daleks is an epic and a must for any Sci Fi fan. If you're not big on sci fi you can still enjoy a piece of television history.




Part 1 The Dead Planet

Opens with the Doctors classic lack of safety precautions as they fail to read a rising radiation counter

Doctor
How fascinating a petrified jungle.

Ian
Are you foreshadowing how the audience will react to this episode?

Doctor
Oh no I’m sure this ominous jungle is perfectly safe. Come along.

Susan
Look a city.

Barbara
Nice model.

Doctor
Don’t be condescending I'm sure they had considerable budget constraints.

Barbara
I’m not being condescending I find the history of special effects fascinating.

Ian
Well we can’t let the story move along too quickly we’ll gothere in the morning.

Back at the Tardis.

Susan
I swear there’s someone out there.

Doctor
Susan no one believes children in the pre Spielberg era.

Susan
What’s that banging sound then?

Doctor
Piping.

Ian
Doctor why don’t you take us home then come back without us.

Doctor
I haven’t figured out how the Tardis works yet. Except to know that we need this piece which has broken all by its self… honest!

Ian
Hmm suspicious.

Barbara
Remember he’s the hero.

Ian
So you keep saying.


In the morning they go to the Dalek City. Ignoring the significance of some vials left outside the ship which should make them check radiation levels again at least.

Doctor
We’ll split up it will be quicker.

Ian
Even though you’re the one who wanted lots of time in the city?

Doctor
Well when one of you is captured we'll spend lots of time here.

Barbara
Wandering around a creepy city sure is fun... No don’t wave that plunger at me it must be covered in ghastly germs. No. Ahhh!

Part 2 The Survivors
                                      
Barbara
Ahhh!

Dalek
Now that is an introduction.

*****
Ian
Barbara? Barbara?

Doctor
Forget her lets get out of here. I’ve got a bad feeling about…

Daleks
Halt.

Ian
You look rather slow and cumbersome. I’m making a run for it.

Daleks
INCAPACITATE! INCAPACITATE! INCAPACITATE!

Ian
Ouch!

Daleks
Your legs will be fine with time so don’t cry about it.

Ian
I’m not going to cry and by the way I think your catch phrase is awful.

Daleks
We’re working on it.

The Doctor sits and chats with the Daleks whilst the others go into prison.
 
Daleks
500 years ago there was a war between us and the Thals. They must have ways to treat radiation sickness by now.

Doctor
Thank you for some useful exposition but why do you insist I stay under the light?

Daleks
Our camera eyes are collecting memorabilia photos.

Susan leaves the city to get the drugs.

Susan
This is scary couldn’t the Daleks give me a torch… or a jeep? Ok I’ve managed to get the drugs I sure wish I could transport the Tardis back to the city, it would make things so much easier.

Part 3 The Escape

Thal
Hello.

Susan
Oh no a mutant… wait you look just like me.

Thal
Yes radiation is a mystery. You must take the drugs that we gave you.

Susan
Why didn’t you give them to us directly so that we knew what they were?

Thal
We tried; we were knocking for hours you really need to get a door bell.

Back at the Dalek city.

Susan
So after all these centuries the Thals will suddenly become extinct without food.

Dalek
No problem. Even though we do not any need food we always grow plenty.

Susan
Well that doesn’t make sense but I’ll take a message to the Thals.

*****

Doctor
Welcome back Susan. It’s time for me to show how clever I am.

Ian
About time too.

Doctor
Silence! We have to escape.

Susan
But how? It’s a large city with endless corridors.

Modern day audience
Actually the corridoer background is just painted canvas.

Doctor
Nothing wrong with that. Our 60s audience was happy to use their imagination as well. Now this floor is metal so the Daleks must get their power from it.

Modern day audience
Wow that is an imaginative link. How could they be a threat with such a huge weakness?

Writer Terry Nation
You’re right future audience I’ll change that.

Doctor
Now grab the Dalek.

They wrestle with the Dalek which thankfully doesn’t decide to shoot blindly.

Doctor
Yes my plan worked brilliantly.

Ian and Barbara
It was our plan.

Doctor
Never mind that now. Ian you get inside the Dalek and lead us out. We’ll abandon the Dalek creature on the floor and hope it can’t signal for help.

Ian
Wow I get a new synthetic voice how exciting.

Part 4 The Ambush

Ian
I can’t get out.

Doctor
Oh well it was nice knowing you.

Susan
Grandfather!

Doctor
What he’s only human, besides I’d need some kind of screwdriver to get into this. Or a laser. Speaking of which look how slowly the Daleks are cutting through the door.

Ian
Oh plenty of time then.
*****

Dalek 2
They got away but we are you going to exterminate the Thals. Hey I like the sound of that. Exterminate! Exterminate! Exterminate! Exterminate!

Dalek1
Cut that out they’re coming.

Temmosus
We come in peace let me explain how this will mutually benefit each other.

Ian
Wait it’s a trap.

Temmosus
What? They haven't shot me yet maybe I'm getting somewhere. Ahhh!

Ian
Sorry I was late.

Dyoni
You say that in the same tone as someone who just spilt my beer. He was our beloved leader for crying out loud.Show some emotion.

Ian
That may be but we don’t have time for re shoots



Later back at the dead forest. Well we remember its dead. Since its in black and white we start to assume the background is lushes with green foliage.

Ian
If you don’t fight they’ll wipe you out. They have no sense of reason, they’re not human.

Thals
Neither are we.

The Doctor and Susan
Nor we.

Ian
Well your appearance is confusing,

Thals
We can’t fight again we caused this destruction.

Barbara
So the Daleks are victims not just your regular bug eyed monsters

Head of BBC drama Sydney Newman
Absolutely, remember that everyone.

Ian
Oh no the Daleks took the fluid link from me.

Doctor
Blast I knew I should have faked it and taken the air freshener.

Part 5 The Expedition

Dalek 2
I have duplicated the drug and processed the pictures.

Dalek 1
Excellent.

Dalek 2
And tidied the kitchen and hoovered the lounge.

Dalek 1
Good.

Dalek 2
And emptied the trash and watered all the crops we do not even eat.

Dalek 1
Ok…

Dalek 2
There are clearly 4 of us why am I doing all the work?

Dalek 1
Our bodies cost £250 and they need to be appreciated. We can not all risk damage through work.

*****

Doctors
Let’s get the Thals to fight to save our skins.

Ian
That’s immoral. We’ll just convince them the Daleks will leave their city and attack them.

Barbara
But they haven’t done that in centuries why would they now?

Susan
Boredom?

Dyoni
It would have been easier if you just reminded us of all the food they’re denying us. But we will attack.

*****

Dalek 1
I do not believe it. We need radiation to survive. We must look at all our nuclear resources.

Dalek 3
Bombs are more dramatic.

Dalek 1
Hmmm.

Random Thal
Careful in the swamp. Ahhh!

Audience
Look out another bug eyed monster.

Writer Terry Nation
Shhh!

Part 6 The ordeal

Doctor
I’ve made it to the city without losing a member of my team. I’ve finally managed to outshine Ian in something.

Susan
Grandfather you’re stood there looking for all the world like a man strolling through Hyde Park. They’ll see you!

Doctor
Oops.

*****

Dalek 1
The Thals are still approaching but appear to be having quite an ordeal.

Dalek 2
Perhaps we could use the Neutron bomb then?

Dalek 1
No! After all these centuries I don’t have enough patience to wait 23 more days.

*****

Doctor
Ha-ha I’ve cut their power to the antenna.

Susan
Grandfather stop it they’ll catch us.

Doctor
They didn’t last time.

Dalek
Halt.

Doctor
Oh.

Dalek
We must anihala… I mean exterminate the Thals and become masters of Skaro.

Doctor
I think we understand your single minded evilness.

Dalek
Well we should still do a Nazi style salute to reinforce it.

****

Ian
These caves sure are treacherous. Quick jump across this deep chasm before the cliff hanger.

Antodus
Oh you just had to use those words didn’t you?

Part 7 The rescue

Alydon
There’s the city we must attack and rescue our friends. Have we forgotten how to fight?

Thals
Yes we have. We haven’t done any fighting in generations.

*****

Doctor
We can help each other. I have a ship that can travel through all of time and space.

Dalek
We will work out how to do that ourselves one day.

Doctor
I doubt that. Someone around here must listen to reason. Tell me where is your leader Davros?

Dalek 1
Davros Who?

Doctor
I am sorry I suddenly got all fourth dimensional.

Dalek 2
The Thals are in the city.

Dalek 1
We are superior… Keep them locked out!

Dalek 2
We can’t they have forced their way through the door.

Dalek 1
My fondness for these old sets is almost threatened. Almost.

*****

Ian
Now it’s time for a cunning plan.

Barbara
I’ve got a brick

Ian
Excellent throw it.

Barbara
Hooray I’m a hero.

Daleks
Exterminate! No the power hass gone. Mercy.

Doctor
I don’t know how to help you even if I could. I’m afraid it’s the last we’ll see of you.

Head of BBC Drama Sydney Newman
Definitely. This could be the series biggest embaressment, but people will surely forget it.

Writer Terry Nation
Ha Ha Ha!

Alydon
5 centuries of fighting is over.

Doctor
No doubt you’ll have other wars.

Alydon
Oh thank you so much for your optimism Doctor.

*****
Doctor
Let us move on the Tardis is ready.

Ian, Barbara, Susan
Wonderful.

TARDIS
*Crash*

Doctor
Oh boy.



Fin



 
Copyright © Nathan Groves http://wondersandparodies.blogspot.com/
This Work Is Not To Be Reproduced With Out Permission.
Image property of the BBC

No comments:

Post a Comment